A draft environmental analysis (EA) of the Rest Lake Dam is available for public review. The analysis can be downloaded from this website or copies are available on request. The purpose of the EA is to provide a factual disclosure of alternatives considered and anticipated environmental impacts. The EA does not provide any permitting decisions or approvals on the project. However, this analysis will be used to guide the Department’s decision on a new operating order.
Read the news release [PDF] for information on the public comment period.
UPDATE (October 25, 2012) – EXTENSION TO PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Several requests have been made to extend the public comment period to provide enough time for review and comment on the EA. Substantive comments on the clarity, accuracy, and scope of the analysis are important to us. Therefore, the public comment period on the EA has been extended an additional 60 days until December 31, 2012.
Environmental Analysis Files
- Part I – Overview [PDF]
- Part II – Affected Environment [PDF]
- Part III – Alternatives and Impacts [PDF]
- Part IV – WEPA Certification [PDF]
- Appendix I – 1937-39 Operating Order [PDF]
- Appendix II – USGS Final Report [PDF]
- Alder Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Clear Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Fawn Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Island Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Little Star Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Manitowish Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Rest Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Spider Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Stone Lake – Lake Map [PDF]
- Wild Rice Lake – Lake Map [PDF]